Skip to main content

Week 3 Part A: Aesthetics, Design, and Branding

Week 3 Part A: Aesthetics, Design, and Branding

For this week I reviewed several websites and took a look at some of the aesthetics, design and branding. Here are the four websites I researched...


Penny Juice


https://www.pennyjuice.com


I don’t believe this website was professionally done. It’s confusing when reading and it’s hard to tell exactly what the goal of the website is and what exactly the product is. It appears to be juice for kids, but it feels a bit random when looking at the website, and it looks somewhat disorganized concept and alignment wise.


I think the contrast of color looks good, but the concept seems unclear. 

I don’t feel (as an E-reader) that the navigation of the site follows any particular order because it jumps from the juice info to food regulations. I think the concept of the website an be improved. I also think the color palette could be better.


National Park Service


https://www.nps.gov/index.htm


This is overall a professional site and is well organized with reception and alignment for the website segments. A few problems for visitors are that the caption fonts for the links are a bit small. I also think there are a few to many links on the first page, so it’s quite a lot to read. As an E-reader I don’t find that personally fun to go through.  


I think a few less news links and a larger font would be more reader friendly. Also, the size of the title “National Park Service” of the website could be a lot larger as well, I had to find it when I first came to the website. A splash more of color I think would engage the reader a bit more as well, the website is highly informative but I think the reader would enjoy a bit more color contrast. 



Escondido Center for the Arts


http://artcenter.org/ (Links to an external site.)


This site for the performing arts center does look professionally done, it is organized and the links are listed clearly.  I see the contrast in the website with the gray and white sections, I see the large pictures posted right at the top of the site which is attention getting. 


I also found the the alignment is well done for the event links and contact section at the bottom, every link on the site is is aligned in an intuitive way. The fonts and the sizing of the website is also very clear and easy to navigate through, the font is a good size for the reader. 


Apple


https://www.apple.com


The Apple website definitely is professionally designed as are all things at Apple Incorporated. The apple websites and apps are generally in my opinion some of the most well designed and user friendly programs. The website has the product image shown nice and clear and the product pictures almost seem 3D. 


There’s a lot of really great elements in the Apple website like the solid color palette, the moving images, the contrast of sections. The links are organized and has detailed captions of what your looking for. The Apple website is not your average website they also utilize image effects and backgrounds creating a great concept design. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Morgan's Blog (Week 1-CSIT 155)

                                                                                   Welcome to My Blog!       ~Hello~ Bienvenidos ~ 안녕하세요     Hello everyone! So I decided to go with one of the “Notable” pink styled themed because it was one of the first templates I really felt fit the blog style I envisioned. This template automatically caught my eye so I went with it! First, I’m a fan of pink colored things including clothes, gifts and makeup and I like the fairly simple blog template.  I also feel that pink is a nice and pleasant uplifting color so I like to have the color incorporated in my media themes. Pink is bright and is often used in a pastel way or in a retro way and I am also a fan of those styles of design. (I also utilize pink quite a bit on my Kpop social media pages so I wanted to use it for my first blog here! ) For me I found that the “Notable” theme was smooth to read and scroll through. I also think the pictures on the right and captions/write ups on the left make

Week 11: Marketing with Twitter, LinkedIn, Social Influencers

 This week is a really big week because the content is about several different social media/business platforms as well as social media influencing which is something that I am pursuing. I just opened a new Twitter and LinkedIn account for my kpop page. First, LinkedIn is something that I have opened a long time ago and I also have opened a personal Twitter a while ago. This is the first time I’m using both for a more business aspect of social media. I’m excited to have my new Twitter handle @moskpoppage! Twitter:  https://twitter.com/moskpoppage LinkedIn:  https://www.linkedin.com/in/mo-b-379a5520b/   For the LinkedIn platform, I think it’s cool how it connects you to other business around and companies in your field of business. This is something I want it really engage in further to connect to others in my area of entertainment and social media, I haven’t really used LinkedIn so it will be really helpful to increase my usage of the application and add more to my profile. Recently I h

Week 2-Part B CSIT Business Research Assignment

  CSIT Business Week 2 Part B Assignment   Business Field Kpop /K Fashion & Beauty  Nature Republic  https://www.naturerepublicusa.com/ Nature Republic is a Korean cosmetic/skincare and makeup company that also have distribution here in the US. The Nature Republic brand is based off cosmetic products that come from natural made and nature inspired ingredients.  The cosmetic store Nature Republic is the largest in Korea, but sells internationally. The brand sells in the US, Indonesia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazhakstan, Mongolia, Japan, Thailand and more. The company appears to have good costumer service because they have phone numbers and emails to the mall shops as well as social media pages that you can message through. Nature Republic (Korea-Headquarters) Links: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube These social media apps are used currently and consistently by Nature Republic.    Nature Republic Korea posts about every day. The last post on instagram for the brand was Feb 7. Follower Count